Sunday, August 23, 2009

2Buy (Part II)

After a long, slow, painful (mostly for us) death of our red Chevy Prizm we bought a newer car. About a week and a half ago I was driving the Prizm back home ASU in Tempe, and just right outside of the Poly campus my car starts to stutter. I started to pull off of the road and as I did that my tires locked up completely, the car behind me almost hit me. The car's transimssion went out as I was driving, and it happened to be on the day of Kaylene's wedding. Everytime I drive that car to and from Tempe something bad always happens. Two week prior to the transimssion going out, I did not want to ride the bus so I drove the Prizm to ASU Tempe. At 1:30 in the heat of the day I longboarded a mile to the car and get in and it would not start. I played around with it for 45 minutes trying to start it and concluded that it was not the terminal cables but the battery itself. No one was around me and so I pulled the battery out and started to walk to the nearest autozone which was only a half a mile away. Half a mile is not a long ways away, but carrying a battery which is way heavy in the middle of the afternoon is not fun. After getting a new battery I walked back to my car with the new battery and installed it and drove off hot, exhausted, and maybe even dehydrated.
But back to the GOOD news! We purchased a 2002 Jeep Liberty with low miles for a great price. The man we bought it from lives in Fountain Hills and is retired, and that means he pampered the car the whole time he had it. We gave it a bath, or I should say we took it to a salon where it was completely detailed and is looking great inside and out! I am excited since it is the newest car I have ever owned and it is still eight years old! I am excited about the 4-wheel drive!

1 comment: